Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opinion on latest test results please

1. Back To Top    #1

Lafayette, Ca / USA

Opinion on latest test results please

OK, after 3 months of testing & adjusting, this is where I am - and I could use some opinions as to whether there is anything you would do to the water:

From the TFT-100 :

FC = 8.0 (yea, a bit high for my CYA .. for the last 5 days I was using the Blue test kit vs the FAS/DAP test .. So given the yellowish color (suggesting 5.0), I was adding 36-42 oz of bleach almost nightly ... I'll let it go tonight & possibly tomorrow. That Blue kit is SOOOO subjective).
    CC = 0
    PH = 7.5
    TA = 110
    CYA = 50 (again, Soooo subjective .. could be anywhere between 40 & 60 to my eyes)
    CH = 260
    Pool Temp = 82

I think the water could be a bit more "sparkly" or clearer, if that makes sense. I mean, everyone says how great it looks, and I mostly agree - but more clear would be a side benefit to ME personally. Is there anything I could do to get it just a bit more CLEAR? or maybe I should just give up for this season - probably only another 3 weeks of use anyway.
    30,000 Gal FIBER GLASS Pool, Dolphin Nautilus PLUS Robot, (2) Cartridge Filter System (old), 1/2 HP Pump, Full Sun, Solar Heated, TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland

Re: Opinion on latest test results please

You have reached a very good chemical level, and I would only look to keep everything where it is. Don't worry about the FC level either it certainly won't do any harm at 8ppm, especially in a residential pool, it gives you some room to maneuver on your maintenance regime.

If you are looking for a further sparkle to your water you might want to look into adding borates next year, as users report a more silky shine and feel to the water. If you are going down the borates route you will likely have to bring your TA level down to between 70-90

Well done on your numbers beer time
    Stuart Murray
    Scotland UK

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina

I think the water could be a bit more "sparkly" or clearer, if that makes sense.
    One of the first signs that something is trying to get started in your water is a dull/flat appearance of the water, iow, it loses its sparkle.

If it was my pool, I'd bring it to shock level tonight and do an OCLT tonight/tomorrow morn.
    If caught early enough, a nascent algae bloom can be nipped in the bud
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Gurnee, IL (North Suburban Chi-town)

Numbers look good. If your FC consumption has been pretty constant, the dullness could be nonorganic debris clouding it up. I'd try giving it a good brush and vacuum, then increase the pump run time for a day or two.

Sent from my Exhibit II using Tapatalk.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry