I have about 6ppm right now (cya 50-60) and closing in 18hr with one of those $2,500-3k anchor solid covers. Is that OK?
Also, guys who will close my pool may shock it. Last two closings they used non-chlorine shock oxidizer ("GLB 3 part system" and the following year "AquaZone winterizing Chemical kit"), I don't know what they'll use this time, but if it's based on chlorine - should I let them shock?
Someone at pool store said high chlorine level will cause pool cover to deteriorate and advised to have no more than 2ppm. True/False? Doesn't sound right, closing instructions don't mention that, but just want to double check in regards to expensive solid cover