Partial drain or not?

I've done both and prefer dropping below skimmer and leaving the valves open (my skimmer door leaked). Yes you will lose more water but less risk of the skimmer cracking. If you decide to plug, make sure to use a skimmer door and a Gizmo in the skimmer as back-up freeze protection.

I'm below the skimmer and the return, was there a need to go below the return? Pump, filter and hoses have been removed, so return is now just an empty fitting with eye removed, but body still installed. I ask this because return is below skimmer, so I'm about 10 inch below bottom of skimmer and a few inches below return. I don't want to drop it any more. If I put a plug in the return,do I have to worry if the water raises to the plugged return with melting snow and rain?

I apologize to the Original poster for jumping in...but I think we have the same question..

Geo

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.