Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: which brand of polyquat?

1. Back To Top    #1

which brand of polyquat?

Where can I get it? And what brand is good? Thanks.
    18k IG 16'x32' vinyl liner Haywood S-200 high rate sand filter pump Haywood Encl.3 1hp A.O.Smith Corp

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: which brand of polyquat?

Any brand as long as the ingredients are "Poly [oxyethylene (dimethyliminio) ethylene (dimethyliminio) ethylene dichloride" at 60% concentration.

You can call around to see who has it (big box stores ie Lowes & HD, pool stores, etc) or order online.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

18k IG 16'x32' vinyl liner Haywood S-200 high rate sand filter pump Haywood Encl.3 1hp A.O.Smith Corp

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

nope, this stuff http://store.pinchapenny.com/product/al ... -algaecide

has to have the 60% after the polyjhkjghfjkhasdjkegkrghjkrthgjkhrtkhgfk listed in the ingredients LOL

5. Back To Top    #5

16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

6. Back To Top    #6

Kem-Tek Algaecide 60% Concentrated (poly - 60%, other - 40%)

This okay?

7. Back To Top    #7

[EDIT] Links were broken; now updated MSDS link [END-EDIT] Yes, the MSDS and the label for Kem-Tek Algaecide 60% Concentrated shows that it is the right stuff to use.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the help guys. I bought two quarts of this. Do I add just one quart to my 18k inground pool? http://www.poolgeek.com/GLB-Algimycin-600-P2260.aspx

9. Back To Top    #9

How much you add depends on what you are going to be doing. If you are closing the pool, then you follow the procedure in this post that uses the maximum dosage on the label which is 16 ounces per 10,000 gallons. So 18,000 gallons would be 28.8 ounces so just under 1 quart (so yes, 1 quart should be OK).

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks Chem.

11. Back To Top    #11

A fellow by the name of Ben Powell, of poolsolutions.com--well known to all who have been on this site for any length of time, has this info on his site:

Buckman Laboratories, in Memphis, TN, makes all the polyquat sold in the US, regardless of the label. Arch(HTH), BioLab (Bioguard, Omni, Pool Time, Aqua Chem, Sun, many others), LaPorte (Robarb, etc.) ALL simply repackage -- and possibly, dilute -- what Buckman makes.
    http://www.poolsolutions.com/gd/polyquat.html
    So it really shouldn't make any difference whose Polyquat 60 you buy.
    Current: 28,000G 18'x36' I/G AnthonySylvan Plaster; Waterway 60 sq.ft. DE Filter; 1.0hp x 1.65 SF Two-Speed (B2982) WhisperFlo; 2004-Present
    Previous: 40,000G 20'x40' I/G Koven unlined WWII salvage 5/8" marine steel; Lomart Stainless Sand Filter; 3/4hp Hayward SuperPump; 1946-2003 (managed by me from about 1964)
    Ancient Taylor K-2000, upgraded with Taylor CH, TA, and FAS-DPD, and TFT CYA tests.