Polaris 9300 and dirt

kyle11

May 17, 2012
We have the Polaris 9300 and so far am not impressed with. It. We have no trees near the pool and only small dirt mainly gets I'm there. Only problem is the 9300 doesn't do a good job of getting it up. It does pick up some but after 3 2 hour runs, cleaning the filter in between each I get enough dirt to maybe fill a shot glass from all 3 cycles combined and there is a whole lot more than that left. I have tried to return it to poolsupplyunlimited.com but their customer service is horrible. I would not recommend anyone buy anything from them. Basically just got the "we didn't make it answer take it up with the manufacture". Next time I will buy from a company that actually cares about customer service instead of trying to save a buck. Enough of that though.

Apart from it not picking up dirt at times it will get suspended in mid water and just spin and spin until its cord is in a huge mess. Then it will get stuck on its own cable and not move until you untangle it.

On top of that when I go to take it out a huge dirt cloud comes out the back and right back into the pool.

I have asked polaris I swap this out with a pressure side cleaner but have not heard back yet.

I have seen they have bags that filter smaller particles for like $60 down to 50 micron. Has anyone used one and how much better did it do with dirt? I don't know why a bag like that would not be standard. Still doesn't fix the fact this thing gets tangled up on its own line all the time. It's a pain to get it straight unplug it and untangle it 1-2 times in a 2 hour period.

For $800 I thought I was buying something I did not have to babysit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Kyle,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. The sand/silt canister will help a lot but there is something else that will help even more ;). If you line your current canister with pantyhose it will catch all the fine debris. This makes it a little harder to clean the canister but it will make a HUGE difference in how effective your cleaner is. All for the cost of some cheap pantyhose!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.