New pool! Test results

Kallen

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 16, 2012
Hello friends,
We are pleased that our house in The Woodlands Texas closed today. There have been a few days that we were sure we would not get to this point.
The pool has been maintained by a service that comes once a week and drops pucks into it. Our plan is to utilize the BBB method. I have the pool blue prints and specs but I did not bring them back with me to the condo tonight. We did use our T-1000 test kit. Results as follows
PH 7.6
FC 13 ppm
Chlorine >10
Total alkalinity 130
CH 160
CYA 40
This was the first time we have ever tested. We tried to be meticulous with the testing. We will test again tomorrow. I will,post those results along with pool specs I find.
Any comments or suggestions much appreciated.
Kassie

Plaster pool. 12 or 13 years old. Does not look like it has been refinished before. May need to be. Kind of stained I think. I brushed it some today. That improved the staining. Algae,maybe?
Also, there seems to be a great deal of deposits on some of the tile. Calcium, maybe?
I will try to post photos and get size specs etc. tomorrow.
So the numbers aren't too bad?

Algae unlikely with FC of 13, metal staining possibly. Rub the area with a trichlor puck, if it lifts it's organic, if not try a vitamin c tablet to see if it is metal staining. FC is high for a CYA of 40ppm, but that will come down. CH is a little low for a plaster pool. TA is a little high, but unless your PH starts rising frequently, there is no rush to adjust TA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.