Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool! Test results

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool! Test results

Hello friends,
    We are pleased that our house in The Woodlands Texas closed today. There have been a few days that we were sure we would not get to this point.
    The pool has been maintained by a service that comes once a week and drops pucks into it. Our plan is to utilize the BBB method. I have the pool blue prints and specs but I did not bring them back with me to the condo tonight. We did use our T-1000 test kit. Results as follows
    PH 7.6
    FC 13 ppm
    Chlorine >10
    Total alkalinity 130
    CH 160
    CYA 40
    This was the first time we have ever tested. We tried to be meticulous with the testing. We will test again tomorrow. I will,post those results along with pool specs I find.
    Any comments or suggestions much appreciated.
    Kassie
    Jim
    Intex 15' x 42" -- 4,400 gallons
    installed August 2012
    Intex 2650 sand filter
    TF-100 test kit, BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool! Test results

Congrats and welcome to TFP. Nothing alarming in those results, especially for a trichlor dosed pool. Is the pool plaster, vinyl or fiberglass?
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Plaster pool. 12 or 13 years old. Does not look like it has been refinished before. May need to be. Kind of stained I think. I brushed it some today. That improved the staining. Algae,maybe?
    Also, there seems to be a great deal of deposits on some of the tile. Calcium, maybe?
    I will try to post photos and get size specs etc. tomorrow.
    So the numbers aren't too bad?
    Jim
    Intex 15' x 42" -- 4,400 gallons
    installed August 2012
    Intex 2650 sand filter
    TF-100 test kit, BBB method

4. Back To Top    #4

Algae unlikely with FC of 13, metal staining possibly. Rub the area with a trichlor puck, if it lifts it's organic, if not try a vitamin c tablet to see if it is metal staining. FC is high for a CYA of 40ppm, but that will come down. CH is a little low for a plaster pool. TA is a little high, but unless your PH starts rising frequently, there is no rush to adjust TA.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator