Repairs before closing, or wait until spring?

Jun 12, 2012
We have newly (and poorly) installed liner in our in-ground vinyl liner pool. There are numerous wrinkles in the liner and the pool krete has divots and bumps. We've resigned ourselves to live with these things, but there's a small rock under the liner -- it was there from day 1 after the install :grrrr: -- that we're concerned is going to make a cut/tear in the liner.

Do we need to get this patched now -- even though it hasn't made a cut yet? Or can we wait until spring and take another look?

I have a lot of anxiety about closing the pool for the winter, because I won't be able to do my daily checks. Pretty scared about what we might find in the spring, because we don't really have the budget for major repairs. Can you reassure me and/or give me some things to do that'll ease my worries?

Thoughts?

I have never had a liner pool, but I would certainly want to get the rock situation taken care of now and not in the middle of winter if it cuts open.

I have also never had to winterize, so hopefully someone else can chime in with reassurance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.