cannot keep winter cover on OGP

Jun 7, 2010
Okeana Ohio
I have an OBG pool with poly up rights that curve up and out to the edge of the top plate. I tried the covers that use the cable that weaves in and out of each grommet winched as tight as possible without breaking the winch. Even used shrink wrap around the outside edge of the cover and had the cover still blow off ripping the gromets out of the cover. The pool water level was just below the pump return. There was water on top of the cover but it all just moves in the direction of the wind. I live in SW Ohio and do not believe I have any more severe wind that anyone else.

How do you keep Your OBG pool cover on? Is a cover really worth all the cost and effort?

Would there be any harm to the pool liner if I just left off the coever? I know it would be more work in the spring if the cover was just left off.

We have terrible winds here in western Pa. and I found that hanging bleach bottles half full of water from the grommets of the cover worked the best for me. It will bellow up in strong winds, but has never blown off. I think I have about 30 bottles attached to the cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.