Does anybody have experience with a Whitewave spillover spa?

wpbucher

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 7, 2012
South-Central Pennsylvania
PB speced a Whitewave spillover spa by Imperial Pools.

http://imperialpools.com/saratoga-pool- ... llover-spa

I've read a lot of post that strongly suggest utilizing two loops for a spillover spa. One for heat/filtration and one for jets.

This spa has only one loop. Is this simply a poor design?

Does the design "work" because there are only 8 jets?
I guess the jets are simply returns that you can add air to via a venturi system.

I realize that this setup won't give "strong" jet action, but is there any chance that it will damage the filter, heater or SWG?

Or should the system get plumbed so that I can bypass the filter, heater, the SWG when I want stronger jet action?

Re: Does anybody have experience with a Whitewave spillover

Well, I guess the Whitewave is not a bigger seller. I just spoke to a different PB and he said that 90% of the spillover spas that he installs are one loop spas. So I would like to change my question to the following questions: Do you have a spillover spa plumbed for a single pump with shared equipment? If so, what piping do you run to the spa? What is the estimated flow rate (GPM) to the spa? How many jets are in the spa? How do you address the higher flow rates required by the spa with the existence of the filter and heater on the same loop? What kind of filter do you use? Are you satisfied with the performance of the spillover spa?

The reason for all the question? I'm trying to figure out if the single loop spillover will work for my setup. We will have a separate portable hot tub (probably a Hot Springs Grande) near the house. This spa will be open during the winter. The spillover spa will be closed when the pool is closed.

The spillover is just another "conversation area" at the pool. Thus, I don't need extremely strong jets on the spillover. I figure that if I need a deep back massage, I will go to the portable spa.

I just have yet to figure out how much jet action I will get out of a spillover spa plumbed on the same loop with a heater and filter.

Re: Does anybody have experience with a Whitewave spillover

wpbucher said:
Well, I guess the Whitewave is not a bigger seller. I just spoke to a different PB and he said that 90% of the spillover spas that he installs are one loop spas. So I would like to change my question to the following questions: Do you have a spillover spa plumbed for a single pump with shared equipment? If so, what piping do you run to the spa? What is the estimated flow rate (GPM) to the spa? How many jets are in the spa? How do you address the higher flow rates required by the spa with the existence of the filter and heater on the same loop? What kind of filter do you use? Are you satisfied with the performance of the spillover spa?

The reason for all the question? I'm trying to figure out if the single loop spillover will work for my setup. We will have a separate portable hot tub (probably a Hot Springs Grande) near the house. This spa will be open during the winter. The spillover spa will be closed when the pool is closed.

The spillover is just another "conversation area" at the pool. Thus, I don't need extremely strong jets on the spillover. I figure that if I need a deep back massage, I will go to the portable spa.

I just have yet to figure out how much jet action I will get out of a spillover spa plumbed on the same loop with a heater and filter.

I'm not technical enough to answer most of your questions regarding flow rates, and type of plumbing my guy used.
But, it all runs on 1 pump. Its a dual speed 1.5hp. I believe there are 8 jets.
In my opinion, the jets are strong enough with the air system... Obviously they are no where near as strong or therapeutic as your stand alone hot tub. But it still definitely does the job and feels great. If I turn off the air flow, it makes a very significant difference... The water coming out isnt very strong at all. But the air with the water is perfect...

I think the strength might have somethign to do with how far the return is from the equipment as well. My spillover spa is the same distance to the pool equipment as my deep end return. My low end return has much less pressure and if the spa was on that side of the pool, I am sure I would not be happy with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.