Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Naturesoft board,solid inspect cell and salt lites

1. Back To Top    #1

Naturesoft board,solid inspect cell and salt lites

Newbie here,great site! We have a Naturesoft generator board and a T-15 cell. I have cleaned the cell,and the inspect lite is still solid. The check salt lite is solid as well. are we at the point of having to replace the board and cell? Our pool is 16,000 gallons and was put in at 2000. Here is the numbers from our most recent test,FAC 1-4ppm,TAC .2 difference,CH200-400ppm,CYA 30-99ppm,TA 80-120ppm,pH 7.2-7.8,Pho below 100ppm.
    If we need to replace board and cell,what do u all recommend for a good solid replacement? Thanks for any and all help!!
    16'x34' sport shape pool with raised waterfall jaquzzi,Intelliflo VS pump,Hayward DE filter,NatureSoft(Pebble Technology)salt board,Hayward H250 heater,Hayward T-15 cell

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Naturesoft board,solid inspect cell and salt lites

Welcome to TFP.

You've had that swg since 2000? If not, how old is the cell?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

It sounds like a dead cell. They'll read "low salt" and "check cell" when they finally croak.

If that's the same cell since 2000, congrats!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes Pool and SWG were put in at 2000. I'm not sure if the cell has been replaced or if its original. I bought the house 3.5 years ago,and been nursing it along since.
    Is it better to replace board and cell together? Do I need to change the pool water as well?
    16'x34' sport shape pool with raised waterfall jaquzzi,Intelliflo VS pump,Hayward DE filter,NatureSoft(Pebble Technology)salt board,Hayward H250 heater,Hayward T-15 cell

5. Back To Top    #5

If the controller is working correctly all you need to do is replace the cell.

There's no need to replace the water. You do however, need a a good test kit and some kind of salt test. I recommend the TF-100 from tftestkits and some salt test strips.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks Dave!! How do I know if my board is still operating correctly?
    Leslie keep telling me that I need to drain my pool and put new water in,because of the Calcium level. Is this true?

7. Back To Top    #7

I'm not Dave, but I'll answer anyway The unit doesn't show any symptoms of having a bad board, but shows all the symptoms of a worn-out cell. We can't guarantee that the board is good, just tell you that there aren't any signs of it being bad!

No, without knowing what your calcium level is there's no reason to drain anything. 200-400 ppm sounds like it was read with a strip, and strips are useless! As Dave said, you need a good test kit to have a clue what's going on with your water.

One more thing, with a pre-2009 system you need to replace the cell with the same size as you currently have, so you need a T-15 and not one of the smaller ones.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks M.I.T.S!! I'm going to get a good test kit like u guys suggested,and will report back with results.
    Any suggestions on a good price on the Aqua-Rite T-15 cell? Has anyone used one of the off-brand cells?

9. Back To Top    #9

I just got a new cell a couple weeks ago; poolsupplyworld had the best price I could find. I didn't consider a non-OEM cell because the price difference wasn't big enough to justify the risk, IMO.

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks again! I'm going to get a new cell,and I'll report back with my results.

11. Back To Top    #11

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Aqua Rite T-15 cell,and the Aqua Rite GLX T-15 cell? The only difference I could see was the GLX was $30 cheaper and only had a 1 year warranty. Thanks
    Also where can I find the TF-test kit?

12. Back To Top    #12

If I replace my Naturesoft board,is there any re-sale value to it? I'm thinking of just replacing board and cell with Aqua Rite 15k gallon for $650,what do u guys think? Thanks

13. Back To Top    #13

I went to purchase my T-15 cell,and the place recommended swapping out to the Pentair IC40 setup. What do the pros here suggest? Is the Pentair IC40 cell the same size as my current T-15 cell? Meaning will it simply swap out? Or am I going to make some cuts in piping to make it fit. Is it that much better unit to go through all the hassle? I just want my SWG working again. Thanks for any help.

14. Back To Top    #14

The two systems are essentially the same, so I wouldn't go through the trouble of swapping it out if I were you! I think just getting a new cell, if you haven't already, will get your system working again.

15. Back To Top    #15

MITS,thanks for the solid info. I'm going to pull the trigger on T-15 today,and get my pool operating correctly. I'm just want it to run smoothly again. Thanks again!!!