Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Think I'm almost done!....... here's my numbers

Think I'm almost done!....... here's my numbers

I got my TF-100 today, here are my numbers
    FC-11
    CC-1
    TC-12
    pH-7.5
    TA-160
    CYA-40-50

My pool is looking great, for the most part, clear and sparkly. I have noticed a couple of pink/white spots on the bottom and my zippy has picked up a little pink stuff, maybe the size of half a dime. I'm bringing my pH down a little and chlorine up to kill the last of it. Does this sound right? Just want to make sure I'm on the right track.

I haven't changed sand yet, that's next, probably later this week when it stops raining.
    12' x 28' Doughboy, partially underground, 9100 gal. Hayward pump and sand filter, Barracuda Zippy pressure side cleaner.

Hi, JC,

Quick note.....keep your conversion "story" in one thread so we can all follow the history. I wouldn't have remembered you were converting if I you hadn't posted the "change sand" sentence.

Very Nice Work!! Yes, you are on the right course. Keep the FC up there a little longer 'til that CC goes down below 1.0 and then test your FC in the evening and again the next morning. You are done when:

1. Your water looks great

2. Your CC's are less than 1.0

3. You are able to maintain FC overnite (a 1.0 drop or less)

I'd leave the pH for now. pH tests get skewed in the presence of high chlorine so I'd suggest you wait until your FC goes below 10 and then test.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave S.
    Site Owner
    TFTestkits owner
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School