Pool Filter cartridge... school me...

Apr 7, 2012
When I bought the house it had an original Jandy filter... and that filter looks like it did it's job for a LONG LONG LONG time... when I then changed it to a Pool Man filter from Home Depot... and, with my VERY limited experience, I think it's a piece of Crud... so...

Talk to me.

What's the best?

Jandy? Unicel? or it doesn't matter... I just ordered a Unicel after reading a thread here... but thought I'd ask.

Thank you! :)
Pete

FixItPete said:
When I bought the house it had an original Jandy filter... and that filter looks like it did it's job for a LONG LONG LONG time... when I then changed it to a Pool Man filter from Home Depot... and, with my VERY limited experience, I think it's a piece of ****... so...
What is it about the original Jandy that makes you think it was used for a long time? Maybe it just went a bit longer between cleanings as undersized as it is. Did you keep it? You may be able to salvage it if it doesn't have any holes in it and you soak it in some type of cleaner...

I do still have it... and I have been thinking about soaking it and trying to "revive" it... in any event, after carefully examining the one in there now... there are some holes between the pleats... likely the problem (or part of it) that I've been having.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.