Flo-Pac Deep Diver vs. King-Fin Brush

y_not

Jul 24, 2012
Redmond, OR
Anyone heard of this?
Flo-Pac Deep Diver - Brush Accessory

I couldn't find any info on their website and the product image is a little too low res for me to make it all out.

Here's a pic.
51eKTQjG8lL._SS500_.jpg

Re: Flo-Pac Deep Diver - Brush Acc.

y_not said:
What does it do though?
That's what I'm unclear on, what's it's purpose.

Search on google for Wall Whale and/or King Fin videos. It causes the motion of the brush up/down or along the floor to add force towards the surface being brushed.

WOW!! That's really awesome, fantastic, downright ingenious design there.
Looks like the King Fin is superior though.

I'll get one of those when I'm ready, as this one from Flo-Pac looks more like the Wall Whale, which doesn't seem to work as well as the King Fin.

I assume, since it's a nylon brush, that it'll work with an AGP vinyl pool?

y_not said:
WOW!! That's really awesome, fantastic, downright ingenious design there.
Looks like the King Fin is superior though.

I'll get one of those when I'm ready, as this one from Flo-Pac looks more like the Wall Whale, which doesn't seem to work as well as the King Fin.

I assume, since it's a nylon brush, that it'll work with an AGP vinyl pool?

I think so also.
The Wall Whale has a lot of fans - I'm not sure if the King Fin is better but I kind of agree that I like the design better but that's perhaps just good sales pitch on their part.

I ordered the King-Fin the same day I tried the standard brush the PB left me.

The fin certainly adds more force to the brush while brushing down (I brush through the wall radius all the way to the floor). When I pull it back up, it leaps off the surface and really doesn't come back in contact with the wall until it's half way back to the surface (deep end), and doesn't come back to contact the wall until the brush is all the way back to the surface in the shallow end.

This is fine, because I don't have to position the brush against the wall for the next sweep down because it's already there. Very nice to use compared to a brush without a fin.

I'd be interested in hearing from someone that has used both - king-fin and whale.

That's interesting, their videos all show that it clearly works on both the downstroke, as you experienced, but the upstroke too.

I wonder what is different, maybe the type of pole, speed? They seem to go pretty fast when they do the backstroke, have you tried a top backstroke around the perimeter, say to do the water line?

Here's the video, this is also for UnderWaterVanya in response to his post about how the KF is supposedly better. Finally getting back to this.
[youtube:1ixq8137]GrT9amfbIb8[/youtube:1ixq8137]

y_not said:
Here's the video, this is also for UnderWaterVanya in response to his post about how the KF is supposedly better. Finally getting back to this.
[youtube:2pm0vjpd]GrT9amfbIb8[/youtube:2pm0vjpd]

Thanks

-sent with Tapatalk 2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I brush all the way through the radius at the bottom of the wall - all the way to the pool bottom. When I pull back on the handle, it's no longer vertical which is why the brush doesn't maintain contact.

I bought the King-Fin and I do like the downstroke action, but I agree that the upstroke really doesn't follow the plaster. Also, when downstroking at the water line, the fin flips up and gives you a nice cool shower! I've learned the best way is to do the rim horizontally first then keep the fin a bit below the surface for the vertical sweep. Another improvement I think would be to make the brush wider since it's barely 18". I had the springs break on my unit but I called them and they sent me a new set free! However, I once again have a busted spring!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.