Clear pool but algae in, on and behind the stair

Jul 2, 2009
Southern Virginia
I have something similar to wedding cake steps but smaller. My pool has been clear all summer. I am currently draining the pool so we can install a new liner due to some major tears and we will be renting out the house in Jan. Anyway, I unscrewed the stairs from the deck and pulled them to the side and GROSSNESS came pouring out of the steps! Dark green algae water was inside the steps, behind and under the steps and on the underside of the steps. All summer I have thrown a gallon of bleach ON the steps during my normal chlorination cycle and swept behind them. The past month we have not used the pool but maybe twice. How do I go about getting these steps to not hold so much algae? Like I said, the pool has had NO algae probs all summer and it has been a HOT one here in southern Virginia! I don't want our renters to have problems with algae, although it will be in the contract that they will have to take care of the pool if they want to use it.

I noticed that you said the renters had to keep the pool up "IF THEY WANTED TO USE IT".

What happens if they do not want to use it? I would hate to see you put in a new liner and have it ruined.

We had to give up our wedding cake steps due to not being able to find a way to keep them algae free.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.