Should I close a pool in Mississippi?

Jun 6, 2012
Hello,

We are renting a home with a pool and I am torn between officially closing the pool or not. I would love to know what others in this region do for the mild winters we have. Do you go though a closing procedure, cover your pool and shock it in the spring, or do you just keep it running during the colder months?

Thanks!

That all depends on what part of Ms. you're in?

From Jackson, south you're probably fine to leave it open and run the pump whenever it's going to be below freezing. North of there you might be fine but the chances of damaging something if the power goes out, etc. are greater.

megskiss said:
Hello,

We are renting a home with a pool and I am torn between officially closing the pool or not. I would love to know what others in this region do for the mild winters we have. Do you go though a closing procedure, cover your pool and shock it in the spring, or do you just keep it running during the colder months?

Thanks!

Perhaps since you are just the renter, you should ask the homeowner what they prefer? It might be worth it to them to pay for someone to winterize the pool to protect their investment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.