Swap TCells or circuit board?

Sep 17, 2012
I've been running a 6800 reading for 2 weeks and a High Salt reading. For now the algaecide has kept it from being a lake.

I have an Aqua Rite 20 with software vers. 1.4 and a T-15 cell. The pool is about 8000 gal. The plates are clean and the salt levels should be around 2500. The system is about 4 years old. When I attempt to recalibrate (pressing Diag 5 times after switching from Off to Auto and after the click) the readings start at around 7000 then plummet to zero. I called Hayward last week and they said my control box was meant to have a T-5 cell which is why the readings are off with the T-15. I called the pool installer who said the arrangement should be fine especially since it was fine in the beginining (no help there). Do I buy a T-5 cell and swap out the T-15 cell or do I (or can I) swap out the circuit board for a software version 1.5 so I can set the TCell setting to T-15?

thanks!

Mike

Welcome to TFP! ... sorry no one responded soonere.

I am not too sure about changing the circuit boards ...

At 4 years old, the current cell could likely be at the end of its life ... the odd thing is that usually when the cells are going bad they start to read low salt and not high salt.

I do not even see a T-5 listed anymore. They have T-3, T-9, T-15. And one note I saw said that only the T-15 could be used with the older units. Not sure what to make of the info you got from Hayward.

Some good info ... I think the T-5 or the T-15 should be fine:
aquarite-which-cell-to-purchase-t-cell-5-with-v1-4-t45272.html?hilit=aqua rite 1.4 board

Assuming the high salt does not indicate some other problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.