Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Faux Waterfall?

1. Back To Top    #1

Faux Waterfall?

Does anyone have experience with the faux waterfalls sold by Poolrock.com? I believe these are the same waterfalls as Universal rock. They really look beautiful on their website and pricing seems reasonable. We are having our 13 yr old plaster refinished in Pebblesheen and new waterline tile in a couple weeks and were looking to add some sort of water feature.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Faux Waterfall?

I'd like to know as well... I've been looking at their waterfalls for a while but afraid to pull the trigger due to the lack of reviews...

19200gl rectangular gunite/diamondbrite perl pool || Coverpools auto cover || Jandy variable speed 2hp e-pump & Polaris PB4-60 booster pump || Polaris 3900 sport cleaner || Jandy CV filter || Jandy AqualinkRS8 w/Aqualink touch || Jandy iAqualink2.0 || Jandy Watercolors LED || Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWCG || Hayward auto chlorinator (backup) || Raypak 117k BTU heat pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks like nobody ever responded to this. Has anyone out there seen the Universal Rocks waterfall in person? They look really good on website. I'm considering one as the price seems really good and can be self installed. Can't find a single review online except for people with small ones for ponds or aquarium rocks.
    TikiP- 18x36 IG Vinyl/Steel freeform shape. 3.5 to 6 ft deep.
    Hayward 270 Sand Filter, 1.5 hp pump, 300K BTU Hayward propane heater, Tiger Shark cleaner, 2 Colorlogic LED lights. 2 skimmers, 2 main drain, 4 returns , 4 brass deck jets, Maldives artificial rock waterfall, Hayward 40K salt generator. 1400 sq ft paver deck and coping. Tiki Hut and Bar.

4. Back To Top    #4

Anything? Anybody?
    TikiP- 18x36 IG Vinyl/Steel freeform shape. 3.5 to 6 ft deep.
    Hayward 270 Sand Filter, 1.5 hp pump, 300K BTU Hayward propane heater, Tiger Shark cleaner, 2 Colorlogic LED lights. 2 skimmers, 2 main drain, 4 returns , 4 brass deck jets, Maldives artificial rock waterfall, Hayward 40K salt generator. 1400 sq ft paver deck and coping. Tiki Hut and Bar.

5. Back To Top    #5

I think their warehouse is in Garland, a Dallas suburb. They have a new a"rock" cooler that even floats I was looking at. I wonder if I should drive over to their showroom and check them out?
    IG ~12000 gallon 1988 freeform pool with IG spa, Hayward equip, Ecostar pump. Remodel done: NPT Arctic 1x2 tile in Lagoon w/ gray thinset & Light Pewter grout, French Gray PebbleSheen w/ grey fittings, Leuders buff eased edge limestone coping w/ Light Buff mortar, buff mastic

6. Back To Top    #6

I saw a review with pics sometime back someone did on one of their waterfalls installed on the above ground pool with deck. IIRC, the owners were pretty happy with it and it looked nice. For the life of me though I cant remember where I saw that review.
    I'm actually again considering them as the sheer decent I did last year, though looks great, is just way to loud due to height, so im thinking of maybe getting of these kids from poolrock and combining it with sheer decent.
    19200gl rectangular gunite/diamondbrite perl pool || Coverpools auto cover || Jandy variable speed 2hp e-pump & Polaris PB4-60 booster pump || Polaris 3900 sport cleaner || Jandy CV filter || Jandy AqualinkRS8 w/Aqualink touch || Jandy iAqualink2.0 || Jandy Watercolors LED || Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWCG || Hayward auto chlorinator (backup) || Raypak 117k BTU heat pump

7. Back To Top    #7

Anyone ever install a faux waterfall and wants to share their opinion? There is rico rocks as well.

8. Back To Top    #8

I have their serenity falls waterfall and think it is awesome. The water has no effect on it in regards to fading. Easy to install. The only non issue is the little pools don't drain so when they evaporate it leaves some salt behind.
    Pool completed oct 2016. 14'x24 lagoon style 9800 gallons auto pilot nano salt system pentair wisperflo 3/4 hppentair clean and clear 100 filter, pebbletec finish Tahoe blue,
    zodiac mx8 elite vacuum, universal rocks waterfall, color q 7 tester & Taylor 2006c