Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: So I messed up my acuators and now my spa is goofy

1. Back To Top    #1

So I messed up my acuators and now my spa is goofy

So I had a priming issue and ended up using the spa suction to jump start the prime. This worked but when I heated up the spa last night, I realized that the spa overflows were going full blast which is wrong. I manually activated the actuator and it seemed to work at that point. Woke up this morning to a dry spa! Luckily it was only for a few minutes but I've got some switch backwards somewhere. I'm assuming I jigged when I should've jagged and it is a one switch or one valve fix but who knows since I stood looking at all of the valves trying to suss it out and got nowhere. Any ideas?
    16,000 IGP with Spa - Quad 80 DE - WET Midnight Sea Satin surface - Intelliflow VSP (3hp) - EasyTouch 4 - TFT100 w/ Speed Stir (best thing evah)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: So I messed up my acuators and now my spa is goofy

The toggle switch on the bottom of the actuator is probably in the wrong location. Switch all the way over to the other side.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Well that was easy. The spa side suction toggle was up, needed to be down. It was so easy that I am going to blame the hangover from watching college football all night Saturday on me not figuring it out sooner.
    16,000 IGP with Spa - Quad 80 DE - WET Midnight Sea Satin surface - Intelliflow VSP (3hp) - EasyTouch 4 - TFT100 w/ Speed Stir (best thing evah)

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Vinoveritas
    Well that was easy. The spa side suction toggle was up, needed to be down. It was so easy that I am going to blame the hangover from watching college football all night Saturday on me not figuring it out sooner.

Hook 'em!!!!!!
    9,200 gal. Gunite Luna Quartz French Grey pool with spill over spa, two fountains on tanning ledge (rarely used)
    Pentair Whisperflo 2HP, Pentair CCP Cartridge 420 Sq. Ft., Polaris 280 with booster pump
    Pentair EasyTouch 4, RayPak LoNox 266k Natural Gas heater, Aqua Rite SWCG T Cell 9, Borates, TF-100 test kit