Owner of new hot tub and have a filter question

Sep 15, 2012
Just purchased a hawkeye spa.... schooner - has balboa vs500z spa pack and (1) AO Smith 3.0 hp pump (not bhp). Wired 240 volts and spa has 385 gallons. When purchased we received 2 filters.... 1. FC-2390 50 sq ft filter and 2. FC-2375 25 sq ft filter.... have been using 50 sq ft filter and cleaned twice since purchase..... (hawkeye replacement filter from websites seems to be the 50 sq ft filter)..... It is extremely hard to clean because of 50 sq feet of material around filter. The 25 sq ft filter seems a lot easier to clean between pleats. It seems to me the 25 sq ft filter would be less strain on the pump as long as I clean the filter (monthly) and replace about every 6 months...... would like to know pros and cons of using a filter with half the material..... 25 sq ft is bout $8 cheaper....... any info would be appreciated..................... :)

Bob,
The only difference would be the amount of dirt load the 25 will take vs the 50. The cleaning time between will increase because the 25 will get plugged up faster due to its smaller square footage. Cleaning once a month should be fine under normal conditions.

Thanks,

--

Joe Marcotte
National Sales Manager
FILBUR Manufacturing
6635 Caballero Blvd.
Buena Park, CA 90620

Joe answered my question. I look forward to using the 25 sq ft filter on my spa. I will need to monitor it a little more but it will prove more economical. Thanks Joe

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.