Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello - I have a stone deck around my pool and am in the process of installing a Merlin safety cover. I am using a rotary hammer to drill the 3/4" holes for the anchor and the holes are drilling out very nice and clean. But when I hammer in the anchor itself, it is causing the stone to chip/flake a bit around the hole so I think I will need to purchase the optional Brass Flange that Merlin sells to hid chipping around the hole.
I have only hammered in one anchor so far but need to know how these flanges install before I go any farther ? Do the flanges go on the anchor before you hammer the anchor into the deck OR do you put the anchor in first and then come back and put the flanges over the anchor after the anchor has been installed. If it is the latter method, do you need to leave the anchor up a little bit to accept the flange ?

Thanks for your help. Chris

You put the anchor in flush with the deck, then remove the pop-up insert, put on the flange and replace the insert.

If that's a flagstone or paver deck, you should consider the anchor-in-pipe option, in order to better distribute the load on the anchor.

Thanks very much. So it sounds like I can complete my install and then come back and add the flanges later. I appreciate the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.