Added Salt 2 days ago water still coudy

kyle11

May 17, 2012
We just finished our pool deck on Wednesday. I added salt to the pool that night and it was cloudy until the next morning.. This morning it was cleared up a little bit but still cloudy... There was alot of dirt and dust that got in there to I know that has something to with it... My numbers are ok still need to work on some of them.... Do I need to run SWG off and shock or is the cloudy water just a result of the salt and dirt being kicked around? Before they started the deck on Monday the water was looking good.. Here are the numbers

Ph:7.6
FC: 6
CC:0
TA: 100
Ch: 70
CYA: 30 ( I know I need to raise but I need to backwash this weekend)
Salt: 3000
Temp: 82-83 during day and 80 during night.

The salt is dissolved. The cloudiness is probably from the dirt but, if it were my pool, I would dose enough FC to get to 12ppm or thereabouts about 2 hours before sunset.

Then, at sunset, turn off the SWG and perform the first half of the OCLT in that order.

Finish the OCLT the next day and if you don't lose more than around 1.5ppm or less, I think it's safe to conclude that it is just dirt.

If you do lose more, say 2 or more ppm, I would shock the pool.

Either way you should see an improvement daily. Got a pic? Sometimes that helps.

Thanks! Passed oclt. Just can't get this dirt out. I have been running from main drain only and been brushing it towards the deep and. Come back a few hours later and it is right back where I just brushed. What the best way to get the dirt up? I have a Polaris 9300 robot and it gets some of it up but not all. It is not as cloudy so it may take a few days for the filter to get all of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.