Water Bags ... Water Blocks

i picked up bunch of 2" PVC pipes, filled them with concrete and capped them at the ends. then I used 90 degree elbows to connect them around my pool. worked pretty good last year. the only downside is these suckers are pretty heavy, about 40lbs each.

The reason for using water bags/blocks is safety. If someone fell in the pool when it is covered, they could pull the weights holding the cover down into the pool as they grab the cover struggling to climb out. A weight would sink to the bottom, possibly dragging the cover and person with them. Not good.

A water bag/bottle/block would not sink in water giving someone a chance to climb out, or even just keep their head above water, even if wrapped in the cover.

Don't use weights, bricks, cinder blocks, etc. to hold down a cover. Something filled with water is much safer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.