IG Pool Safety Covers

Aug 26, 2012
Herndon, Va
I'm looking to have a pool cover installed and the best price was on a Anchor Industries mesh cover.

Has anyone heard of them? Are these good covers?

Also, for a yard with lots of trees would the solid cover be better than a mesh?

Thanks,

Jim

silversteed said:
From what I understand the good mesh covers can keep out most of the light and dirt

Very true, the operative word here is "good". Dense mesh covers are usually more costly, but, in my opinion, worth it.
From personal experience, I know that Loop Loc, Merlin, and Meyco make these kinds of covers. There may be others.

I use to sell only solid covers. They came out with the ultra mesh covers sold 3 of them and wished I would of stayed with solid covers. If you have clear water when you put a solid cover on in the fall, usually it will be clear in the spring. The only times I see it not be clear is when the owner waits to long in the spring to open. Then it is cloudy but not green.

Qwaxalot said:
Very true, the operative word here is "good". Dense mesh covers are usually more costly, but, in my opinion, worth it.
From personal experience, I know that Loop Loc, Merlin, and Meyco make these kinds of covers. There may be others.
I've seen the elephant on the Loop Loc. Pretty impressive. I wonder if it's truly better than the others. I'm mostly interested in durability, but safety is certainly a great plus. I just want to be really confident that if I fork out this kind of money for a cover, it's going to really last.

I have the loop loc mesh cover. Had it now for 7 years. Its a good cover as far as safety goes but I would recommend a solid cover. My pool is a swamp every year i open. This year I am going to purchase a cheap solid cover to put over the mesh. See what happens next year. I also plan to close late (oct) and open early in april.

I have a 10+ yr old Merlin safety mesh cover that is still in remarkable shape. The section over the spa that was designed to be peeled back in the winter looks a bit worn now but the quality of the construction is fantastic. I have several very mature trees surrounding my pool and the mesh does fine. Silt will get through plus stuff will get under the edges but I leave my polaris in year round plus keep my pool balanced even during the winter. I open a crystal clear pool in the spring that just requires a quick vacuuming. :-D

The one thing I wish my cover had was a window I could open to pour in chemicals without having to pop a few of the springs off to get access. Minor thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.