Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: oops to my lawn

1. Back To Top    #1

New Engalnd

oops to my lawn

So I have a big inground that i had to drain to below jets yadda yadda to close up. I shocked the pool and treated it before I closed it. I think the shock level was likely high, 8ish by the time i began draining. I drained it through a pump into a hose and onto my lawn. My lawn now a week or 2 later looks like light green in certain spots (where the water drained). Has anyone done this? Have I caused irreversable damage to my lawn? Will this be better next spring? Ugh..

Hayward Pump 3/4 HP - brand new
    sta rite sand filter - not sure of size, i will get back to this
    20 by 40 inground pool, vinyl liner, 8ft deep end
    2 skimmers and a main drain.
    1 jet in the deep end, 1 jet in the shallow end.
    Live in New England = about 3 months of pool usage.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: oops to my lawn

If it does not go brown it should be fine. Otherwise you just may need to re-seed in the spring time.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Orillia, ontario, canada

I found my lawn did not like the pool water at all. My lawn isn't in the best of shape though...

It'll grow back
    Approx 74,000 liter inground vinyl pool 12x32, laser 225 sand filter, Hayward 2 speed pump + old pool heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Amarillo, Texas

I backwash into my yard all the time. It doesn't seem to phase it in the least. In fact those areas are often greener than others.
    18'x48" AG
    Pentair 1 1/2 HP Dynamo Pump
    Sand Dollar Sand Filter w/ Zeobrite
    Lil Shark Vacuum System
    Hard Plumbed

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

It'll be fine
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!