Finding a good solar cover

mnschu

Aug 17, 2011
San Jose, CA
I purchased a solar cover from solarcovers.com.

I thought purchasing online would be OK and cheaper.

However, after two weeks, the bubbles in this cover have become deflated.
In fact, it is worse the the cover I replaced. So some advice, the quality of this cover is not good.

Is there any good place to order a solar cover online that has good quality?

Re: Do not order from www.solarcovers.com

I've ordered mine from ebay with good luck. Have you tried contacting the company? I would assume there is at least some sort of warranty?

solarcovers.com is just another poolsupplies.com AKA Leisure Living website. They do warranty their covers. The cheapest ones have atleast a 1 year full warranty. I bought one for my pool at the beginning of the season, the best clear model they make, but I haven't used it yet as I didn't put the pool up this year. However it seems sturdy. Give them a call, they should make it right, I do know it said in the warranty somewhere that I read that your chemistry has to be good in order to get a claim. No high chlorine as it will destroy the cover (and I remember this sticking out in my mind as I think they wanted really low chlorine levels). There should have been a paper in with the cover detailing the warranty.

I bought my 12mil clear cover from them and it's lasted 3 years. It finally started falling apart but I never take it inside. and never cover it like I should either.

Thanks for everyone's advice for me to contact customer service.
I did and they told me to send in a picture of the cover.
I did, and they said they would send to the manufacturer for replacement.
I will update this thread if they in fact do replace it.

My current cover is from them, 12mil - 1 year old, I've kept it covered when not in use and it's not showing any wear.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry for the long delay, but I did get the replacement cover.
I did have to contact customer service a few times and send some pictures, and then follow up again, but did get a packaged delivered.
I left it all packaged up until this past weekend, opened it and installed the new cover.
So far so good, so this company does stand by their warranty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.