Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Finding a good solar cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Finding a good solar cover

I purchased a solar cover from solarcovers.com.

I thought purchasing online would be OK and cheaper.

However, after two weeks, the bubbles in this cover have become deflated.
    In fact, it is worse the the cover I replaced. So some advice, the quality of this cover is not good.

Is there any good place to order a solar cover online that has good quality?
    --Michael--
    25K gallon in ground/spa, Century V 165 VS Pump, Pentair CCP 420 cartridge, Teledyne Laars Mark V 350K BTU Heater, Polaris PB460 pump w/280, blower, Compupool SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Do not order from www.solarcovers.com

I've ordered mine from ebay with good luck. Have you tried contacting the company? I would assume there is at least some sort of warranty?
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

solarcovers.com is just another poolsupplies.com AKA Leisure Living website. They do warranty their covers. The cheapest ones have atleast a 1 year full warranty. I bought one for my pool at the beginning of the season, the best clear model they make, but I haven't used it yet as I didn't put the pool up this year. However it seems sturdy. Give them a call, they should make it right, I do know it said in the warranty somewhere that I read that your chemistry has to be good in order to get a claim. No high chlorine as it will destroy the cover (and I remember this sticking out in my mind as I think they wanted really low chlorine levels). There should have been a paper in with the cover detailing the warranty.
    17k gal., sorta IG vinyl, 1.5 hp pump, 21" sand filter, EZVac cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

I have had great luck with this company and two issues I had with a few orders were taken care of with 100% satisfaction. Contact them to discuss.

5. Back To Top    #5

I bought my 12mil clear cover from them and it's lasted 3 years. It finally started falling apart but I never take it inside. and never cover it like I should either.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

I've never had a problem with them.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for everyone's advice for me to contact customer service.
    I did and they told me to send in a picture of the cover.
    I did, and they said they would send to the manufacturer for replacement.
    I will update this thread if they in fact do replace it.
    --Michael--
    25K gallon in ground/spa, Century V 165 VS Pump, Pentair CCP 420 cartridge, Teledyne Laars Mark V 350K BTU Heater, Polaris PB460 pump w/280, blower, Compupool SWG

8. Back To Top    #8

Glad to hear it
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

9. Back To Top    #9

My current cover is from them, 12mil - 1 year old, I've kept it covered when not in use and it's not showing any wear.
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]