Dark liners

PAGirl

TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2012
Central PA
I understand that a darker liner helps keep the pool warmer longer. Was very curious if it is harder to visibly discern the start of algae on the dark blue background? My neighbor got a dark liner and that was my first thought when I saw it! (It looks nice,though.)

My liner is fairly dark and the pattern looks like rocks around the top 1/4 of the side and tiny pea gravel the other 3/4 of the side and bottom. Thanks to BBB I have a sparkling pool and can see every tiny thing that is in it. You'd think the dark color and all those "rocks" would mask things but it doesn't. I bet it would be more difficult if the water was cloudy or murky but I haven't run into that problem and that would effect visibility with any color liner. I can't say about making it warmer cuz I'm in Texas so it's really warm anyway plus I use a solar cover. But I love the dark color and pattern.

Mine is dark blue. Once you have looked at it for awhile and get used to the way it looks with its pattern you will find it easy to discern the difference. What you will see is not the algae but the breakup of the usual pattern.

poolwater1.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.