Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Pool Hills of TN

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Hills of TN

We have started retaining wall and will be starting actual pool in a couple of weeks. After much stressing as to how much room we have to place said pool and after much hammering with ram hoe, the actual pool build will be a piece of cake!

Still have a couple of questions:

Signature has most of info; however, I wanted opinion on pool equipment. Also, we have 1 skimmer and 2 returns. Is this enough for pool? Looking at Poolvergnuegen Suction Pool Cleaner as well. Definitely will be getting TF-100 test kit and using BBB method.

We will have a water fall into pool - no spa.

Also, wanting to go ahead and plan for future expansion with either solar or heat pump later on. Still trying to decide if heat pump would be a tremendous cost as our electric rates are about .10kwh which isn't too bad. Just want to extend pool season from May to Sept as daytime temps are still great for swimming.

I appreciate all the weath of information and experience that TFP members offer.

Thanks!
    18x36 kidney 20,000 gallons IG vinyl. Pentair Easy Touch 8 w/IntelliChlor IC40. Triton II TR100. Pentair Intellifllo Variable Speed. Waterfall/Jump Rock. 2 Pentair Intellibrite lights. TF-100 Test Kit. And a very happy husband who gets to play in the pool without having to take care of it.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Hills of TN

If you plan on a suction side cleaner; I wonder if it would be helpful if you put a dedicated suction line in or have a second skimmer to maintain skimming during cleaning. I'm afraid I don't have a suction side cleaner and I'm not sure if this is even a good idea but I know if it is possible you may be mad if you don't plan ahead.
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

You will love your automation system, VF pump, and SWCG (once it is all set up and programmed) I have the same system. It is awesome.
    I would definitely consider having a dedicated cleaner line as UnderWaterVanya said. Also, it is recommended to have 2 skimmers and maybe 1 more return. You'll at least want a return in the steps to help keep them clean.
    18x36 Vinyl IG ~27,000 gal, Intelliflo VF Pump, 300# Sand Filter, Polaris 280 w/Pentair Booster Pump, Pentair EasyTouch w/ IC40 SWCG
    TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

Great choices on your equipment. IntelliFlo is number 1 in my book. Also the Easy Touch and IntelliChlor are top notch. As for a cleaner have you considered a robotic? Most of the people I talk to who have had a couple different kinds far prefer the robotic to anything else. They do cost more up front but no wear on your circulation system and they use less energy than running a booster pump. Just a thought, I'm sure you're gonna love it no matter what cleaner you go with!

5. Back To Top    #5

Just ordered TF-100 kit, pool kit ordered, equipment next! Should start pool by mid-October. We may be doing a polar bear dip before closing , but it will be so very nice when we open next summer . Will post pics as progress moves forward.
    18x36 kidney 20,000 gallons IG vinyl. Pentair Easy Touch 8 w/IntelliChlor IC40. Triton II TR100. Pentair Intellifllo Variable Speed. Waterfall/Jump Rock. 2 Pentair Intellibrite lights. TF-100 Test Kit. And a very happy husband who gets to play in the pool without having to take care of it.

6. Back To Top    #6

After 5 months and 500 tons of rock, we are getting closer! Water fall & liner next. Hopefully should be up and running within next couple of weeks. This has been a long winter of rain delays and lots of mud but we will be ready come summer time!
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Back To Top    #7

Wow! What a view! I'm in TN too and in the middle of a diy build. Fireplace looks good too. I'm considering the Easytouch automation as well. Please post on how you like it after it is up and running.
    34,000 gal., 20x40 Roman, IG Steel/Vinyl, 500# Hayward Sand Filter, 2HP Ecostar-VS, Savi Note LEDs, Autopilot Digital 220 SWG

8. Back To Top    #8

Nice setting!
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by janthony
    Wow! What a view! I'm in TN too and in the middle of a diy build. Fireplace looks good too. I'm considering the Easytouch automation as well. Please post on how you like it after it is up and running.
    Thank you. I hope we can figure out the programming. We have several things that will be controlled with it including landscape lights,etc. Can't wait for our crazy TN weather to warm up.

10. Back To Top    #10

I hope we can figure out the programming. We have several things that will be controlled with it including landscape lights,etc. Can't wait for our crazy TN weather to warm up.[/quote]

The Easytouch system may seem daunting at first, but it gets easier once you have the landscape lighting hooked up to your relays in the load center and you practice with it.
    You can make them simply turn on/off at specified times like the pump program and still be able to manually turn on and off without affecting what you set to memory. I have mine set to turn on my landscape lighting as it gets dark and then turn on pool lights at a specific time and color.
    Once your load center is installed and your landscape lighting is in play with the program functions. ( make sure you take notes- I didn't the first time and it took forever to get them back to where I originally liked them)
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

11. Back To Top    #11

Slow go but some progress being made. Waterfall just about complete. Hopefully, we will get liner in and fill in the next 10 days, weather permitting. Hard to have a nice warm day here this time of year. Seems like the end is near after almost 6 months!

12. Back To Top    #12

Great setting and rock work. It's going to be a great place to hang out.
    McKinney, TX
    Pool build in progress, 14.8K gallons, OK flagstone copping (sealed), IG Gunite/Pebblesheen (Blue Granite), Pentair intelliflow 3050 vs - svrs, Pentair IC20 Salt-Gen, 60 sq ft Pentair DE filter, 400k BTU Pentair (NG) heater, Polaris 280 with Booster, Dual Time Clocks with freeze protect feature, Pool (1) 500w (1) 100W Spa (1) 100w lights, (2) Skimmers, 4 Pool Returns, 6 Spa Jets, water features incl (3) 12 scuppers on 12 x 31 raised beam, (2) Gushers on tanning ledge, and double cut spa spillway. controlled by easytouch 8
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...t56120-40.html

13. Back To Top    #13

Thanks! We are looking forward to our first staycation

14. Back To Top    #14

[attachment=1:1vk9wlr3]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364579430.121579.jpg[/attachment:1vk9wlr3][attachment=0:1vk9wlr3]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364579439.188031.jpg[/attachment:1vk9wlr3]

15. Back To Top    #15

Pool bottom in, then rain. Maybe liner tomorrow or Monday. Smallest member of family is greatly disappointed....

16. Back To Top    #16

I love your flat rock. We did the same thing on our pool. I miss my home state of TN but not the weather.

Pool Size: 20 x 40 Free Form Inground Plaster Pool w/ a shallow cove.
    Gallons : ~23K Jandy CL580 Cartridge Filter, Jandy e-pump 1.5HP
    Polaris 280 w/ Booster Pump, AqualinkRS PDA4 Remote, Aqua-Pure SWG
    Jandy LED Pool Lights (2), Heliocol 500 Sq. Ft solar rack system

17. Back To Top    #17

Thanks. All local sandstone from next count. Springtime in TN is a hit or miss but it's hard to beat the beautiful falls in the Upper Cumberland area.

18. Back To Top    #18

I agree 100%. I am from Cookeville and my grandfather used that same stone for a lot of water falls

Pool Size: 20 x 40 Free Form Inground Plaster Pool w/ a shallow cove.
    Gallons : ~23K Jandy CL580 Cartridge Filter, Jandy e-pump 1.5HP
    Polaris 280 w/ Booster Pump, AqualinkRS PDA4 Remote, Aqua-Pure SWG
    Jandy LED Pool Lights (2), Heliocol 500 Sq. Ft solar rack system

19. Back To Top    #19

If I remember reading... you are doing the black liner right? I can't wait to see it! Please post several pics of it going in and filling up and after it's full! I want to ooooooogle it!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by Casey
    If I remember reading... you are doing the black liner right? I can't wait to see it! Please post several pics of it going in and filling up and after it's full! I want to ooooooogle it!
    Yes, we are doing the black granite liner. I am somewhat like a child waiting for Christmas but it keeps getting postponed! After 6 months of building back yard, starting pool and many more months than that in planning, reading, etc. I hope that the end result will be what I expected. Hoping for some some sunny warmer days. Will post pics.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast