Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Are you leaving your pool up year around?

1. Back To Top    #1

Are you leaving your pool up year around?

I take my pool down each year and store it (3 years now). I see here a lot hard plumb their above ground pools and cut in outside skimmers. That makes me think a lot leave their pools up year around cause it seems taking it down each year would be more difficult dealing with hard plumbing and removing outside skimmer each year. I would love to hear experiences from those who do leave their pool up year around.

2. Back To Top    #2

Amarillo, Texas

Re: Are you leaving your pool up year around?

I've left mine up year round since we owned and plan on continuing to do so. I do all the preclosing activities and cover it and then open it in the spring when it's warm enough to put my fingers in the water.
    18'x48" AG
    Pentair 1 1/2 HP Dynamo Pump
    Sand Dollar Sand Filter w/ Zeobrite
    Lil Shark Vacuum System
    Hard Plumbed

3. Back To Top    #3
    TFP Guide
    Central PA

Re: Are you leaving your pool up year around?

I'm taking mine down this year. I didn't find this site and it's wealth of knowledge until about 2 weeks after we put our pool up. There are some improvements I want to make next year, then we might leave it up. I have it drained to about 18" right now, until I can get it taken down completely.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!