Should I close a pool that has algae or clean then close

Sep 13, 2012
We recently purchased a used pool and installed in mostly underground. It came with an intex salt water generator that will work for only one week at a time, then require cleaning. I have resigned to not use it at all. I have spent alot of $$ trying to get this pool up and running and keep it clean. We had to leave town for two weeks on a family emergency so I turned the pump off and left it. Now the pool looks like a pond and there are frogs swimming away. :( My questions is this. Should I just cover it and deal with it when I open it next year or should I clean it now then cover and pray that when I open it that it is clear? We live in NE Texas and it is still in the high 80's to 90's here but low 60's in the evening. Too cold to use the pool. The pool only gets about 3 hours of sun a day and has a few trees around it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.