Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Taylor Complete FAS-DPD K-2006

1. Back To Top    #1

Taylor Complete FAS-DPD K-2006

Found the above "Subject" test kit on E-bay for $57.95 with free shipping. Is that a good price?

Any preferred seller you all can recommend to purchase such a kit? Have been depending on a local pool store for my water chemistry, but it is not working out. Have the time and need to take this project on myself. Look forward to some advice/recommendation. Thanks.
    free-form, 13K plaster/gunite IG pool, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter (DE2420), A.O. Smith 1 1/2HP motor, Hayward gas heater (H250), 4 jet spa, Tf100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Taylor Complete FAS-DPD K-2006

Sounds like a decent price, but beware. They only give you enough reagent for maybe 4 CYA tests.

A TF100 costs more, but comes with larger quantities. And a bigger box, which will hold extra tubes and a speedstir. I know this firsthand.

Either kit uses the same tests, same reagents.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

tftestkits.net also sells the K2006 ... slightly cheaper although have to add shipping. Check out their prices for both kits ... the owner of this forum also runs that business ... So support is appreciated if you like the forum.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Go ahead and get the bigger kit. You can find the link to the tests kits in my siggy. You WILL end up paying more in the end due to having to order and pay shipping on the refills if you buy the smaller kits.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    ... which will hold extra tubes and a speedstir.
    What's a speedstir?
    * 18.5 K Gallon, 8ft deep, IG, Pebble Radiance * Pentair VS 3050 Pump w/420 Cartridge Filter
    * Blue Square Q-360 In-floor Cleaning System * UltraPure UPP25 Ozone Generator
    * Pool startup: 09-04-2012 * TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-9265-Magne ... =speedstir

It uses a spinning magnet shaped like a pill that you drop inside of the liquid to constantly stir. It is nice for the tests where you have to add a lot of drops, it makes it much easier mix.

the speedstir fits inside the k-2006 box.
    17,800 gallon, IG pool, 595 sq feet (17x35x4.5 avg rectangle), Hayward 525 cartridge filter, diamondbrite, 2 hp 2 speed hayward tristar filter, Stenner 45mhp10 automatically chlorinating

7. Back To Top    #7

Speedstir - something that isn't needed, but you must have! It really helps make testing easier.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by thadius65
    Speedstir - something that isn't needed, but you must have! It really helps make testing easier.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]