Southeast PA build

boomer133

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 12, 2012
Southeast PA
After spending years getting out of debt, we decided to get back into it... never been happier to be broke. :-D

The build started today.

I will post pics as we go.[attachment=1:16uu90re]before.jpg[/attachment:16uu90re]

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 949
  • dig.jpg
    dig.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 949
Re: South East PA build

Day 2

Shouldn’t they have added steel for the stairs and bench in the shallow end?

Attachments

• 20120913_173323.jpg
    20120913_173323.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 885
  • 20120913_173345.jpg
    20120913_173345.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 885
  • 20120913_173356.jpg
    20120913_173356.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 885

Surprisingly well! Our yard is completely clay so rain had little affect.

When I left this morning they were stud plumbing and the gunnite crew showed up. I should have more pictures today.

How about yours? Probably looks ready to swim in :)

I talked to my PB about finishing the plaster after the winter… I figured it would save on closing and reopening cost/work.

Does anyone see a problem with that? I noticed the bottom of the dig had water and there was no rain… I assume it is the water table.

Attachments

• water.jpg
    water.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 796

boomer133 said:
I talked to my PB about finishing the plaster after the winter… I figured it would save on closing and reopening cost/work.

Does anyone see a problem with that? I noticed the bottom of the dig had water and there was no rain… I assume it is the water table.
Yea it's probally ground water. In the south they leave a few 4" holes when they gunite to allow groundwater into the pool. If they did not do this the entire pool would pop out of the ground from water preasure, think cup in bathtub as a kid. At plaster they fill these holes, plaster and immediately add water.

It's weird for me to see the pool builds on here with fully gunited and plastered pools sitting that way for weeks with no water.

Great looking pool btw.

boomer133 said:
I would just get it all done now. Our build and plaster wasn't finished until mid September, then we had some other mishaps that required keeping it open into October. If that all would have happened in late spring, it could have gone into summer when we would want to use it. Instead we got it all straightened out and we knew it would be ready to go when we opened.

Since I knew the pool wouldn't be finished until late in the season, I had the PB throw in a free first close and open.

If you are installing a heater, you can even get a few swims in this year if you finish.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
from the dates of your pictures you posted, it looks like it took about two weeks from hole to concrete. How long did it take from the date of your contract to the concrete being poured? Just curious to see what we are in for. I know that you took the winter off from construction, but all and all, how long do you think we will be waiting. Just signed our contract about 12 days ago. They are finishing our blue prints now and after our final walk through with the project manager (not scheduled yet) they will apply for the permit.

Boomer123 and I are using the same PB, it took about 5-6 weeks from Day 1 to everything done except plaster and landscaping for us. But that was for a Sept 1 start. It would be a safe assumption that your build in the spring will take same or longer because of more demand and potential weather delays.

Here is a link with pics that show the timeline.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/under-construction-in-pa-t52748.html

We planned on having our pool built over the winter and not plastering till spring so it has been a low stress build. We signed our contract at the end of August and they were ready to go the next week. Friends of ours signed their contract at the same time as bigfunky and myself and they finished (except landscaping) the first week of October. It has been really hard waiting all winter… my wife keeps calling me Clark Griswold (Christmas vacation) for starring out the window dreaming of summer. As bigfunky said, count on 5-6weeks depending on weather.

Attachments

• clarkgriswold.jpg
    clarkgriswold.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 523
Man, your pools look great. They are very similar. I like the stone around the spa. I wish we had more money to put into it. It is crazy how the little extra things add up and drive the price up.

-Bigfunky, why havent you continued your post? Im waiting to see the finished project or at least updated if its still in progress.

Good stuff guys!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.