Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Southeast PA build

1. Back To Top    #1

Southeast PA build

After spending years getting out of debt, we decided to get back into it... never been happier to be broke.

The build started today.

I will post pics as we go.[attachment=1:16uu90re]before.jpg[/attachment:16uu90re]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    600 sq. ft. 18'3" X 40'0" 25K gal Gunite Pool
    1&1/2 HP pump, 48 S.F D.E filter, Polaris 360 cleaning robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: South East PA build

How big is your pool. It looks huge.

3. Back To Top    #3

I think it's just the angle I took the picture... maybe I should become a realtor. It is 40X18.3 around 600 sqf

4. Back To Top    #4

Day 2

Shouldn’t they have added steel for the stairs and bench in the shallow end?

5. Back To Top    #5

I feel like I am looking at my own post...http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...pa-t52748.html
    26,000 gallon gunite IGP with 50 sq ft Spa, Jandy VS FloPro 2hp Pump, Jandy DEV48 Filter, Jandy AquaPure SWG, Jandy AquaLink PDA-PS6 Controller, RayPak R406A Heater, Polaris 380 Cleaner, completed April 2013

6. Back To Top    #6

How's your pit doing with all this rain?
    26,000 gallon gunite IGP with 50 sq ft Spa, Jandy VS FloPro 2hp Pump, Jandy DEV48 Filter, Jandy AquaPure SWG, Jandy AquaLink PDA-PS6 Controller, RayPak R406A Heater, Polaris 380 Cleaner, completed April 2013

7. Back To Top    #7

Surprisingly well! Our yard is completely clay so rain had little affect.

When I left this morning they were stud plumbing and the gunnite crew showed up. I should have more pictures today.

How about yours? Probably looks ready to swim in

8. Back To Top    #8

I talked to my PB about finishing the plaster after the winter… I figured it would save on closing and reopening cost/work.

Does anyone see a problem with that? I noticed the bottom of the dig had water and there was no rain… I assume it is the water table.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by boomer133
    I talked to my PB about finishing the plaster after the winter… I figured it would save on closing and reopening cost/work.

Does anyone see a problem with that? I noticed the bottom of the dig had water and there was no rain… I assume it is the water table.
    Yea it's probally ground water. In the south they leave a few 4" holes when they gunite to allow groundwater into the pool. If they did not do this the entire pool would pop out of the ground from water preasure, think cup in bathtub as a kid. At plaster they fill these holes, plaster and immediately add water.

It's weird for me to see the pool builds on here with fully gunited and plastered pools sitting that way for weeks with no water.

Great looking pool btw.
    21,000 gallon pool w/spa, Pebble Sheen, Hayward EcoStar variable speed filter pump, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 400FDN Heater, Stenner pump with 15 gallon tank, Clear O3 ozone system, Hayward Goldline PS-8 controller, Hayward 6060 cleaner pump, Polaris 280 cleaner, Hayward EcoStar variable speed water feature pump.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by boomer133
    I would just get it all done now. Our build and plaster wasn't finished until mid September, then we had some other mishaps that required keeping it open into October. If that all would have happened in late spring, it could have gone into summer when we would want to use it. Instead we got it all straightened out and we knew it would be ready to go when we opened.

Since I knew the pool wouldn't be finished until late in the season, I had the PB throw in a free first close and open.

If you are installing a heater, you can even get a few swims in this year if you finish.
    27' round/4 feet deep above ground pool
    ProClean by Waterway cartridge pool filter (125 square foot)
    Flowrate- 125 gpm

11. Back To Top    #11

Re: Southeast PA build

Thanks For the advice!

Gunnite and rough plumbing finished yesterday.

12. Back To Top    #12

Don't forget that your PB will tell you not to use your heater until 2 weeks after plaster.
    29,000 gallon, concrete pool and spa, SE PA
    Jandy 2HP pump, Raypak 400 heater, Polaris 380

13. Back To Top    #13

After a long break, they finally started up again. Just plaster and landscaping left.
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (257.4 KB, 561 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (393.6 KB, 561 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (492.9 KB, 561 views)

14. Back To Top    #14

wow, looks awesome. We are waiting for them to break ground on our first pool now. Must have been hard to sit all winter and dream about it. Hopefully everything will go smooth and you will be swimming before too long. Keep posting pictures, they look good!!

15. Back To Top    #15

from the dates of your pictures you posted, it looks like it took about two weeks from hole to concrete. How long did it take from the date of your contract to the concrete being poured? Just curious to see what we are in for. I know that you took the winter off from construction, but all and all, how long do you think we will be waiting. Just signed our contract about 12 days ago. They are finishing our blue prints now and after our final walk through with the project manager (not scheduled yet) they will apply for the permit.

16. Back To Top    #16

Boomer123 and I are using the same PB, it took about 5-6 weeks from Day 1 to everything done except plaster and landscaping for us. But that was for a Sept 1 start. It would be a safe assumption that your build in the spring will take same or longer because of more demand and potential weather delays.

Here is a link with pics that show the timeline.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...pa-t52748.html

17. Back To Top    #17

We planned on having our pool built over the winter and not plastering till spring so it has been a low stress build. We signed our contract at the end of August and they were ready to go the next week. Friends of ours signed their contract at the same time as bigfunky and myself and they finished (except landscaping) the first week of October. It has been really hard waiting all winter… my wife keeps calling me Clark Griswold (Christmas vacation) for starring out the window dreaming of summer. As bigfunky said, count on 5-6weeks depending on weather.

18. Back To Top    #18

Man, your pools look great. They are very similar. I like the stone around the spa. I wish we had more money to put into it. It is crazy how the little extra things add up and drive the price up.

-Bigfunky, why havent you continued your post? Im waiting to see the finished project or at least updated if its still in progress.

Good stuff guys!!

19. Back To Top    #19

Nothing new to add yet, they should be plastering next week and I'll post updated pics

20. Back To Top    #20

Plaster done yet? Ours is scheduled for 4/24.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast