Waxahachie, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
SWCG started up on Sunday. Ran pump 24 hours and brushed pool. I've been watching my FC and PH, and so far they have been in range. Seems as tho my CYA needs a boost. PC says to add stabilizer.. Will go get some.. I don't know if 20 Mule Team Borax is equivalent or not.
Here are my readings as of this morning:

FC 5.5
TC 6
PH 7.8
TA 70
CH 375
CYA 40

The light on the cell has not been "calibrated" by the PB crew yet. It shows a solid green light and the reading there is 3800ppm.

Thank you in advance!

Borax is not stabilizer... you need pool stabilizer, aka cyanuric acid if you read the "active ingredients"

Do be sure you don't add too much! If you have added some recently in the form or stabilizer, dichlor, trichlor, or shock products recently you should be sure to wait 5-7 days to get an accurate test on cya. Once you've added cya, the only way to remove it is to drain some water from your pool.

Thank you Suzi! I turned off the Rainbow 320 "puckalator" a couple of weeks ago, The PB put Trichlor tabs in there after filling the pool.

The only other additives to the pool have been Bleach & Muratic Acid (during the plaster curing stage.) I have been pretty lucky (with all the help here) to keep my numbers in check. I'll go get some stabilizer from the pool store today.

Thanks again! :wave:

Should I turn down the SWGC a notch? Here is what I've got today:

FC 8.5
TC 8.5
PH 7.8
TA 70
CH 375
CYA 50
SALT 3800 (PER THE COMPUTER) But here is the salt strip. Is it showing 4190????

The pool store told me the other day that the salt was a little high - but not to worry about it too much since we've had rain etc.

Attachments

• photo-26.JPG
    photo-26.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 64
You are generating more than enough chlorine and I suggest lowering the percentage by 10% if you want to maintain your same run time. You control the amount of chlorine being generated by a combination of run time and the SWG percentage. You should only adjust it about 10% at a time to dial it in, it might take a week or two but you will get there.

Don't worry about the salt level for now as the SWG is happy and making chlorine. The test strip and SWG are somewhat close to each other and are acceptable. You are at the higher end of the salt level, but I would not touch anything. For the most part, you will only need to worry about the salt level when the system shuts down from a lack of salt or too much salt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.