HELP - BLUE DIAMOND FLOATING PROBLEM

Jul 25, 2010
Hello all!

I recently replaced the PVA brushes on my Water Tech Blue Diamond Pool Cleaner; the problem that I am having is that the robot won't sink... it stays floating, If I turn it on it will go on one direction, but when it changes to a different pattern it will turn backwards and will start floating... It was working fine prior changing the brushes.... I already inspected the impeller and it looks good to me, It is spinning fine.

The floating is kind of strange because it will float even when it is off.

Suggestions or Ideas are welcome :-D

Ok;

I tried to start it backwards, but even tough it improved it still goes floating at some point... the funny thing is that even with the power off it won't sink. :rant:

I tried turning it backwards and holding it for a while so that it will get all the air out and it will go in one direction fine, but when it switches to go the other way is where it seems to be having difficulties and then it goes floating to the surface....

this is very weird, since it was working perfectly fine, before I had the brushes replaced....

Update - No Luck. I tried pretty much everything, I changed the handle diagonally in several directions, I turned it backwards, I started it on the deep end of the pool, and the little guy now wants to float!!! :grrrr: I checked the handle to see if it had water on it and it looks Okay to me. For some reason is that he sinks completely in one direction, but when it switches to the other way it will start floating and will go up to the surface turning backwards...

I contacted Water Tech this morning and they mentioned that they will send me an "hfloat" :goodjob: They say that this will increase the weight and help to so solve the problem. (But I don't understand how a float will make it sink) :? the only thing that will make sense it that it helps balancing the robot's weight allowing it to function properly.

well, I will post results after I receive the hfloat device and will let everyone know, in the meantime, manual cleaning is the option now :grrrr:

If anyone has something to suggest or to share is welcome!!!

Well, I received the HFloat weights and this solved my problem!!! :lol: I really enjoy my Blue Diamond and it leaves my pool sparkling clean!!!

seems to be that the new rollers make it float too much, therefore with these weights the robot stays balanced and will not float to the surface. These didn't affected the performance in any way, it was able to climb walls as usual.

This was an easy simple solution to my problem!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.