Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: question on jandy PDA....actually help

1. Back To Top    #1

Dallas, Texas

question on jandy PDA....actually help

My son dropped my PDA remote the other day and now it won't turn on. UGH....I looked at the replacement price and then said another UGH....(or something worse)....Does anyone know if these can be repaired cheaper than replacing? I figure I can't harm it anymore right so maybe I could take a crack at it. The screen has two black spots in each bottom corner, to describe what they look like....they kind of make the square look like roundeed corners at the bottom. (the two black spots in the corners that is)

Any help would be great $300 seems a bit crazy for a remote control. I would love to take a shot at fixing it or having it fixed!
    IG, Gunitie/Plaster (darker blue "lagoon" color), Jandy 1400 SWG (with inline chlorinator option), Jandy AquaLink System w/ 2 HP pump motor, 20,000-23,000 gals, spillway from spa to pool runs when pump is on, waterfall feature and bubbler on tanning ledge, pool is in full sun all day (Dallas Texas), Polaris automatic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Orange County, California

Re: question on jandy PDA....actually help

Here's a thread on how to take the PDA apart - you could look for something loose or broken off.

If you buy a replacement PDA make sure it is software compatable with the J-Box on your Aqualink. Some older J-Boxes don't work with the latest software in the PDA's. Send an email to Zodiac/Jandy customer service to confirm the software version you need. Older PDA's can sometimes be found on eBay at a good price.

Good luck!

~17' x 34' IG pool with attached spa - 20500 gallons - Gunite with a "pebblesheen"-ish finish
    Jandy iAqualink with iPad and Jandy PDA remote - Pentair IntelliFlo VS 11018 Pump
    AquaRite SWCG - Pentair SMBW 4060 DE Filter - Really Old Raypak heater
    "Wall-E" an Arneson-Hayward Navigator - A couple of Jandy/Zodiac WaterColors LED Lights - Blue-White F-1000 Flow meter