question on jandy PDA....actually help

Jul 11, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Anyone,

My son dropped my PDA remote the other day and now it won't turn on. UGH....I looked at the replacement price and then said another UGH....(or something worse)....Does anyone know if these can be repaired cheaper than replacing? I figure I can't harm it anymore right so maybe I could take a crack at it. The screen has two black spots in each bottom corner, to describe what they look like....they kind of make the square look like roundeed corners at the bottom. (the two black spots in the corners that is)

Any help would be great $300 seems a bit crazy for a remote control. I would love to take a shot at fixing it or having it fixed!

Here's a thread on how to take the PDA apart - you could look for something loose or broken off.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/how-to-fix-your-jandy-pda-for-15-t52166.html

If you buy a replacement PDA make sure it is software compatable with the J-Box on your Aqualink. Some older J-Boxes don't work with the latest software in the PDA's. Send an email to Zodiac/Jandy customer service to confirm the software version you need. Older PDA's can sometimes be found on eBay at a good price.

Good luck!

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.