Closing Shock numbers

oasis1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Hi,
I am having the pool closed sometime tomorrow morning. I just found this out yesterday from the pool store. Here are my numbers from yesterday to today.....It doesn't seem right

Yesterday 12:00 pm FC 6 CC 0 Added 121 oz. bleach.(all bleach is the new concentrated stuff)
1:30 pm FC 11.5 CC 0 Added 84 oz. bleach
7:45 pm FC 11.5 CC 0

Today 6:30 am FC 10 CC 0 Added 44 oz. bleach (I dont think the change overnight is accurate I've never had algae)
10:30 am FC 11.5 CC 0 Added 121 oz. bleach
4:50 pm FC 9 CC 0 Added 121 oz. bleach

I'll be rechecking the levels in a bit. We have to drain it fairly soon....before it gets too dark. It's bothering me that I can't gauge how much FC loss I'll have by the time they get here to close the pool. I dont want it too high or too low!!

Any advice I greatly appreciate!!!

Based on a CYA of 20-30, I would add enough bleach to the pool to get it to about 12ppm. The emphasis is on about. It will not hurt your pool if your FC is up around 15ppm or so and probably won't matter much if it is about 10ppm.

You have some leeway because all you are trying to do is get a good dose of chlorine in the pool prior to closing it up.

Isn't that a lot of bleach to only have a FC of 9?

I just retested and FC is only 14?

I really don't like this concentrated bleach!!!! The regular bleach would of raised it 6 or 7
Sorry, but I can't understand that part.

When I originally posted the level was 9 then added 121 oz. bleach, I waited an hour and retested and it is 14. If you look at all the bleach I added doesn't it seem like a lot? I think one of the 121 oz. bottles wasn't as effective as it should be. We are now draining the pool....I guess the worse case will be a not so clear pool in the spring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.