Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: #57 stone vs small rock in concrete mix?

1. Back To Top    #1

#57 stone vs small rock in concrete mix?

Our concrete guy said to order small rock for a standard finished deck. Called the cement company and they said it is a waste of money for a standard deck. If is $8 per yard for the small rock. Is there a look difference of what is the difference if any?

18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: #57 stone vs small rock in concrete mix?

If the concrete guy is gonna' finish it, I would hesitate to get something he didn't want. Ask him why.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok. Is there any difference if appearance ?

18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

None
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok. I will ask him. I just wanted the facts before I do. The cement ordering place said it was a waste of money unless you are doing stamped and that he wants it to make it easier on him, that if it was him he would not pay the difference. We are not talking but $200 but after being nickel and dimed for everything lately I am not looking to waste $200 on nothing but to make something easier to mix.