Removing steps and ladder

May 1, 2012
Louisville, KY
We are finished swimming for the season. I'd like to go ahead and close, but for the sake of a good opening next spring I will let it go for awhile until water cools down. But in order to access the pool and stir things up well, I need to be in the pool--which is now a temperature problem.
Yet at least with the steps in, there is a chance I can be brave every few days & go in to aerate and scoop a little debris, but I want to get the steps out now before it's hugely painful temp-wise to do so. But I would cut off my in-pool access to keep it clean (deck not built yet).

Suggestions?

maryann79 said:
We are finished swimming for the season. I'd like to go ahead and close, but for the sake of a good opening next spring I will let it go for awhile until water cools down. But in order to access the pool and stir things up well, I need to be in the pool--which is now a temperature problem.
Yet at least with the steps in, there is a chance I can be brave every few days & go in to aerate and scoop a little debris, but I want to get the steps out now before it's hugely painful temp-wise to do so. But I would cut off my in-pool access to keep it clean (deck not built yet).

Suggestions?

Buy a cheap AGP ladder (craigslist) to use after the steps are removed. They are easy to pull out and wouldn't require you to get into the water to do it once it got too cold.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.