Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Removing steps and ladder

1. Back To Top    #1

Removing steps and ladder

We are finished swimming for the season. I'd like to go ahead and close, but for the sake of a good opening next spring I will let it go for awhile until water cools down. But in order to access the pool and stir things up well, I need to be in the pool--which is now a temperature problem.
    Yet at least with the steps in, there is a chance I can be brave every few days & go in to aerate and scoop a little debris, but I want to get the steps out now before it's hugely painful temp-wise to do so. But I would cut off my in-pool access to keep it clean (deck not built yet).

Suggestions?
    Pool: 27' x 52" AG, about 16,500K, cartridge filter
    Waterway 175 sq ft 1.5 hp pump 2-speed
    Deck first of June!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Removing steps and ladder

Quote Originally Posted by maryann79
    We are finished swimming for the season. I'd like to go ahead and close, but for the sake of a good opening next spring I will let it go for awhile until water cools down. But in order to access the pool and stir things up well, I need to be in the pool--which is now a temperature problem.
    Yet at least with the steps in, there is a chance I can be brave every few days & go in to aerate and scoop a little debris, but I want to get the steps out now before it's hugely painful temp-wise to do so. But I would cut off my in-pool access to keep it clean (deck not built yet).

Suggestions?
    Buy a cheap AGP ladder (craigslist) to use after the steps are removed. They are easy to pull out and wouldn't require you to get into the water to do it once it got too cold.
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump