I humbly ask you to opine on a new Central Texas build.

That's a really good price for everything you got. Thanks for the comparison.

We are not getting a spa. We were actually considering whether or not a heater was needed in Austin.

And yes, you are correct, paying upfront is foolish and not worth the discount. Won't be going that route.

Thanks for your feedback.

Solar would be a good idea. Heating a pool with gas/propane can be pretty costly depending on starting temp and what you are comfortable swimming in. Our heater (propane) can serve the pool or the spa but we only use it for the spa. My wife uses the spa fairly often. She works 12 hours shifts as a nurse and she will text or call me to turn the heater on ahead of time so she can soak when she gets home. It's her favorite feature of our pool build.

I agree with Bluegrassman's comments about your sheer descents. Yes you will get some pH rise due to aeration but we have a good size waterfall that provides a lot of aeration and raising the pH still takes a long time even when you are wanting to bring it up in that manner. You likely won't be running them all the time so should not be a major concern IMO. More something to be aware of than a "worry" I would say. We have daily aeration due to water spilling over from our spa to the pool 10-14 hours/day (depending on the season) and our pH is really steady (once we got TA into the proper range).

I'm super new here (also in austin), but would NEVER pay for anything up front in full.
My latest bid had a breakdown with percentages for each phase of the project - with the final 3% (Plaster) and 2% (Final walk through) - this seems like the way to approach it.
Unless it's a CASH discount of sorts which I'm always up for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.