Equipment queries for build

If my pool is going to be 13 X 32 ft, and hold 16,600 gallons approx., I'm wondering what sort of equipment would be best. The PB says he only uses Pentair, so I guess I'm kinda stuck there.

I realize I should try to get an oversized filter, and I'm going for a cartridge filter, I think. Beyond that, however, I know nuthink!

The PB has quoted "Pentair, whisper Flow pump and motor, 420' Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter, and in-ground skimmer", but he could just as well have been saying "2 scoops of chocolate ice cream, tomato ketchup, and a side of ear wax".

Any ideas?

I'm installing a 15x30 inground free form pool 13600 gallons, your pump and filter need to be not only sized for your pool but matched to each other for max performance. To small a pump won't provide 3 turn overs a day unless you run all day- electricity ain't free :) to big a pump and you eat up the energy and flo might be more than needed. I'm getting a Whisperflo 1hp 2 speed 220 volt pump and a Triton II TR60 sand filter. I could go with a 3/4hp pump but want the flexibility to run more features in the future. I will pre plumb my deck jets and future slide and waterfall. As long as I pre plumb before concrete I can upgrade later. This will all be controlled by the easy touch 4 with SWG. No need for the easy touch 8 since I won't have a built in spa or need extra landscape lights. The 4 series will let me control the pump on both speeds(extra relay purchase of course) and I can control the in pool Savi melody lights plus have an extra slot for an actuator if ever wanted.
Search the forum and the web, there are many comparison and sizing charts plus the great folks here will provide more advice.

Thanks for that comparison. I'm definitely getting a cartridge filter, but good to know what sort of HP on pump I may need. I also have no spa planned, and am planning to get solar heating instead of Gas. My PB has recommended one pump to manage everything (including 2 sheer cascade waterfalls). Sound reasonable? Does your Whisperflo 1hp 2 speed 220 volt pump match the Pentair 420' Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter my PB is quoting?

thx

In AZ, there is a $200 rebate for upgrding to an energy efficient variable speed pump (which I elected to do on my new build). You may want to ee if something similar is availabe there. My PB just took it off the price when they quoted.

I opted for the Pentair VS-3050. I also have 3 water features and this pump drives everything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.