installing drain under pool liner

bckcx2

Aug 21, 2011
Watson, Louisiana
Im in Louisiana and a common practice for builders around here is to install a drain under the liner plumbed into the pump so any water under the liner can be pumped to waste. Does anyone have a idea on how this is stalled? Just a regular drain in a gravel base? Thanx

Not sure how they will do it there, but if it was me I would probably take a 2" sch40 pipe and drill holes into it for water to get in it. Then cover it with 1" clean and plumb it to the pump. That is how I would envision it. Here in Missouri where I am I usually try to go to daylight with a 4" sewer tile. f I can't do that I go to a sump pit.

I've heard of a hydrostatic valve being installed in concrete and some fiberglass pools. It allows ground water that surrounds the pool to enter the drain from below and come up into the pool keeping an equal pressure between the pool interior and exterior. Not sure it could or would work with a liner pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.