Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: installing drain under pool liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Watson, Louisiana

installing drain under pool liner

Im in Louisiana and a common practice for builders around here is to install a drain under the liner plumbed into the pump so any water under the liner can be pumped to waste. Does anyone have a idea on how this is stalled? Just a regular drain in a gravel base? Thanx

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: installing drain under pool liner

Not sure how they will do it there, but if it was me I would probably take a 2" sch40 pipe and drill holes into it for water to get in it. Then cover it with 1" clean and plumb it to the pump. That is how I would envision it. Here in Missouri where I am I usually try to go to daylight with a 4" sewer tile. f I can't do that I go to a sump pit.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

3. Back To Top    #3
    NE Kansas

Re: installing drain under pool liner

I've heard of a hydrostatic valve being installed in concrete and some fiberglass pools. It allows ground water that surrounds the pool to enter the drain from below and come up into the pool keeping an equal pressure between the pool interior and exterior. Not sure it could or would work with a liner pool.
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.