Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do I have a leak?

1. Back To Top    #1

Do I have a leak?

On Friday, I added water to my pool because I thought it looked a little low. We had an all day rain on Saturday and the level was about an inch from the top of the skimmer. I just checked the water, and it looks like the level has dropped about 2 inches.

I'm just sick about this. How can you tell if you have a leak, and how can you find it? My liner is only about 5 yrs. old.
    Installed Sept 2008. 18 x 36 Flatback Kidney Radiant, Vinyl liner 25,000 inground, Hayward Max-Flo 1 HP Pool Pump SP2807X10 (runs 24/7) , Hayward Pro-Series High Rate Sand Filter Model #S244T, Hayward Heat Pro, Frog chlorinator is turned off, TF-100 Test kit

Location is Toronto, Ohio, overlooking the Mighty Ohio River. My river days are done. Sold the boat and Waverunner and now prefer a pool over the river.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Do I have a leak?

Quote Originally Posted by Mellott98
    On Friday, I added water to my pool because I thought it looked a little low. We had an all day rain on Saturday and the level was about an inch from the top of the skimmer. I just checked the water, and it looks like the level has dropped about 2 inches.

I'm just sick about this. How can you tell if you have a leak, and how can you find it? My liner is only about 5 yrs. old.
    Bucket Test...

water-level-bucket-test-t36058.html?hilit=bucket test
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump