DE spill in the pool?

Jun 17, 2012
We've only been swimming in our new pool for 3 weeks and I'm desperately trying to figure the pool out. A weird thing happened on Friday night and I'm curious to know if any of you may have any ideas.

The Easy Touch is programmed to turn off the intelliflo at 8pm. Around the same time my husband tried to turn on our "spillway" feature. I think it just ramps up the rpm's on the intelliflo so that it kicks the spa spillway in. I guess 10 minutes or so went by and he realized that the spillway never did kick on. The light for the spillway was lit on the panel, but there was no action.

Then my daughter asks what all the stuff in the bottom of the pool was. In the deep end, by the drains, there was a white powder everywhere. I'm assuming that was DE from the filter. When we tried to turn the pump on from the easy touch panel - nothing happened - the pump would never kick on. I put the panel in service mode and the pump started and everything appeared to work. I then tried auto mode and we haven't had a problem since.

Any ideas on what could've happened? Waiting to hear back from the builder, but I'm curious to know what you experts out there think...

I'm still trying to figure out our Easytouch system too.. When it's in Service Mode, the pump wont come on at all, unless I manually start the pump. Good luck, I'll be watching!

While it's possible that it's DE it's not very probable. Something would have had to happen that would have drained the filter backward into the pool. If it was DE you should just vacuum it up on filter and it'll go right back onto the grids.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.