I've searched and searched but can't seem to find the answers to my specific questions. I apologize in advance as I'm sure this has been covered on here.
This is my first closing so sorry for the newbie questions:
1. How do I drain below the return? Do I need one of those submersible pumps to do that since my filter will only drain the water up to the skimmer?
2. In regard to air pillows, I think I'm going to just go with a large inner tube. Should 1 be enough for a 30' round pool? Should I just tie some twine around the inner tube then secure it to the top rails?
3. With the large inner tube, if the water is below the return and the inner tube is on the surface of the water, that won't really give me much of a peak in the middle. Seems as though the cover would probably sit relatively flat or maybe a very slight peak in the middle. Is that what I want?
4. Should I use Gizmo even though there won't be water in the skimmer?
5. Am I suppose to use either a cable/winch OR cover clips OR wall bags/bleach bottles? Or should I use a combination of all 3?
6. If I get a cover pump does where does it go? Does it stay on top of the cover at all times? If so, where on the cover? Near the middle or near an edge like where my pump/filter are? The hose should stay attached to it all winter. Can't the water in the hose freeze if it gets really cold?
7. I live in New England. The water in the pool will freeze. That's okay right? There's no way to make it not freeze correct?
Sorry for all the questions. I'm trying to close myself. Will probably wait a couple more weeks though...