May 8, 2012
Metro Detroit, Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The outlet hose from filter to pool has sprung a leak. :cry:
Since I live in Michigan and the swimming season is almost gone, is there a quick fix to the hose that will last a few weeks? I do not want to purchase a new one for this short period of time and then have to store it all winter. I would prefer to wait and buy new next spring. Any solutions?

Thank you for your forum and TFP rocks.

Re: Outlet hose lead

How big of a leak are we talking about? Is this a pinhole or is this something that could fill up a five gallon bucket fairly quickly?

Re: Outlet hose lead

Same thing happened to me about two weeks back in Northern Illinois (also very fickle) - lost 1200 gallons in about 3 hours when the hose split about an inch slit two inches above the pump when no one was home. One inch to go before it would have been below the skimmer.

Ten layers of duct tape kept things from draining down any more, then for the heck of it I ran the pump for an hour before coming home with a new hose. It was seeping from under the duct tape, but not quickly at all.

It doesn't fix everything, but it sure helps.......

Right now there are 2 pinhole leaks near the end of the hose where it is flexing coming off the connection. (hope that makes sense)
These light gray plastic flex hoses only seem to last 2-3 summers at the most.

(oops, just noticed should have been outlet hose leak)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.