vacation for few days

Aug 11, 2012
Hi-

Have read a lot of the vacation threads here. We are taking off for Thurs-late sunday. I have a CYA of 35-40 now with all the great rain-finally!

Anyway, having been playing with the pucks a bit to see if I could see what they will give in the FC level. Seems I stay around 3.5 with 3 pucks/sticks in feeder on a 2 out of 5 dial on chlorinator. I am thinking I need to shock before we go Tuesday and then up the pucks and possible turn the dial up more??

thoughts?
we will be closing in around a month-FYI.

have a auto cover. In-laws here but will probably only open if kids swim-small amount now with school and sports going on.

Smykowski said:
Food for thought....wih my solar cover on, I lose less than 1ppm per day. I'd just bring your FC a couple ppm above your normal range, cover it up, and enjoy your vacation.

Sent from my Exhibit II using Tapatalk.

I am going down the BBB route and was getting worried about the odd vacation...

So the solar cover is going to help stop chlorine loss due to sunlight?

I keep the cover on at all times except when pool is being used. Will this help keep the chemistry more stable?

Two things "use up" chlorine: sunlight/UV rays, and contaminants in the pool. If your pool is crystal clear and clean, most of your daily FC loss is due to sunlight. Putting a semi-opaque solar cover on mitigates this problem.

Remember, all of the above assumes a clear, clean, stabilized pool.

Sent from my Exhibit II using Tapatalk.

Thursday through Sunday isn't very long. I think that you could either do tablets or you could raise your pool FC up with bleach, cover it, and leave it be.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.