Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Props to the local pool store...

1. Back To Top    #1

Dallas, TX

Props to the local pool store...

...Leslies in this case. They are downgraded so much here, I just wanted to give a positive review when one is due. The collar on my Polaris 280 backup valve cracked and split wide open. I could have ordered one online, but instead I called around and found one locally...imagine that!

What's more, on a whim, I took the backup valve with me to the store to ask advice on removing the old broken collar. The guy behind the counter took my backup valve, removed the collar, inspected the internals, lubed it back up and installed the new collar. Fantastic service! Saved me at least an hour putzing around with it...
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2
    Gurnee, IL (North Suburban Chi-town)

Re: Props to the local pool store...

Good post. I spent my fair share of time badmouthing pool stores on their chemistry practices, but on the one occasion I needed to visit a pool store this year, they were a fantastic help with my equipment issues.

Sent from my Exhibit II using Tapatalk.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Props to the local pool store...

While I never let my local Leslie's test my water, they are an invaluable resource for spare parts on the same day that you break something that you absolutely need. They're like the Radio Shack of pool plumbing.
    I laugh—to disguise the tears.
    Size 15,000 gal 510′² | Filtration DE 48′² | Sanitation SWG+O₃ | Placement in-ground (IG) | Finish pebble
    Pumps Intelliflo VS+SVRS main WhisperFlo WF-28 feature | Location Dallas TX US (33ºN 97ºW)